More channels … more complexity … more confusion!
Join us for this free seminar …
and learn how to navigate today’s challenging media landscape
Media relations just ain’t what it used to be.
Once upon a time, getting your message out through the media was pretty straightforward: You picked up the phone or sent a letter to contact local or national newspaper, radio, and television outlets. And that was pretty much it.
While those outlets still exist today, communicating with the media has become infinitely more complex with the addition of social media, the blogosphere, podcasts, as well as hundreds of television and internet radio channels. What’s more, even “traditional” media outlets are working in ways that were hard to imagine just a few years ago.
Not only is it more difficult to get positive media attention, but now, with social media, even a minor issue can blow up quickly: a single customer complaint can travel worldwide, instantly – sometimes virally.
This explosive and often fragmented media environment provides challenges and opportunities for your organization to amplify the messages you want to convey and contain the ones you don’t.
What you need is a roadmap of today’s media landscape – and directions on how to navigate it successfully. This free seminar will get you started.
Click here to register and learn more about what you’ll take away from this seminar.
Managing the Media Maze
Thursday, April 9, 2015
Registration: 7:30 – 8:00 a.m.
Program: 8:00 – 9:30 a.m.
716 Geyer, St. Louis, MO 63104 – First Floor Conference Center
What you will learn and take away from this free seminar:
- Understand the evolving media landscape and how you can use it to reach those who matter most: customers, employees, and other influencers.
- Learn how to leverage the convergence of traditional print and broadcast media and how it affects the way you tell your story.
- Identify major social media platforms, and determine how best to use them for different situations.
- Learn the basics of crafting effective messages and telling compelling stories in today’s media environment.
- Find out the best way to connect with the media, and how to use what you hear to improve customer relations.
- Identify the best players to include on your cross-functional team for dealing with the media and preparing to manage issues.
- Map out and refine your organization’s overall approach to media management.
Christopher Horner, Senior Consultant with Landes & Associates, provides strategic counsel in marketing and public relations, as well as executive and employee communication with major corporations and agencies. Chris has trained hundreds of executives and managers in dealing with the media and is a frequent workshop coordinator and presenter.